South Asian weddings are filled with rituals and celebrations that continue for several days. Generally anywhere between 100 to 10,000 people attend. Often, many of the attendees are unknown to the bride and groom themselves. Though most Indian marriages are arranged, some couples in urban areas consummate “love marriages”, in which the partners decide to marry each other without family involvement or assistance. The traditional Indian wedding is about two families being brought together socially, with as much emphasis placed on the families coming closer as the married couple.
Many wedding customs are common among Hindus, Jains, Sikhs, and even Muslims. They combine local, religious and family traditions. The period of Hindu marriage ceremonies dates from the application (lagan) of tilak.
South Asian weddings are a mainstay in the social calendar of the whole community. Many wedding traditions that originated in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh carried over to immigrant populations. Increasingly, Western features are incorporated, such as speeches, the first dance and the traditional wedding cake.
Wedding Entertainment Services
Following are the list of services that we provide for weddings
Mehndi, Sangeet or Raas Garba Nite :
Live band performs
– Bollywood music
– 3 Taali Garba
– Dandiya Raas
– Mumbai thi Gaadi
- Dhol players
- Mobile DJ
- Live Band singing Lagan Geet
- DJ services
- DJ , MC and lighting packages.
Bollywood dancers, Bhangra dancers, Indian/Western Classical Dancers, Belly Dancers are available upon request.
Popular Hindi wedding songs
These are some of most memorable Hindi wedding songs from Hindi movies. Many of them are frequently quoted. Several of them have been rerecorded as remixes and some of them have inspired names of later Hindi movies. They are played during weddings and are often used to accompany dancing.
In addition there are many folk songs in several dialects of Hindi regarding weddings; singing, especially by women, has been a tradition. Many of the film songs were inspired by folk songs.
- Mehendi Hai Rachne Wali (Zubeidaa, 2001)
- “Desi Girl” (Dostana)
- Meri Bano Ki Aayegi Baraat (Aaina, 1993) My banno’s (bride to be) baraat will arrive…
- Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat (Aah, 1953) The barat of my lord will come…
- Meri Pyari Behania banegi dulhaniya (Sachaa Jhutha, 1970) My dear sister will be a bride…
- “sar se sarki sarki chunariya”.silsila,1982
- Banno Rani Tumhe Sayani(1947 Earth)
Also see Hindi dance songs
- Aaj Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai (Aadmi Sadak Ka, 1977) Today, my friend is getting married…
- Baharo Phool Barsao (Suraj, 1966) O spring breeze, sprinkle flowers…
- “Pyaara Bhaiya Mera ” (Kya Kehna ) 2000) My Brothers Come As A Groom
- “lo chali mein” (hum apke hai koun)
- “bachna aie hasino lo main aa gaya”
- Tenu leke (Salaam-E-Ishq, 2007)
Harassing and teasing
- Sasural Genda phool (Delhi 6, 2009) In-laws’ house is like marigold flowers…
- “Didi Tera Dewaar Deewana” from ( Hum Aapke Hain Kaun ) Sister Your Brother In Law Is Crazy
This is an example of the songs that ridicule the baraatis, for example Jodi Ye Jachdi Nai in Gadar (2001).
- Zoor Ka Jatka (Action Replay)
- Bhootni Ke (Singh is King)
- fuly fatu faltu
- Rookmani Rookmani (Rosa)
- Main Joru Ka Ghulam (Joru Ka Ghulam)
- Gal Mithi Mitthi Bol ( Aisha)
- Bindiya Chamkegi (Do Raaste, 1969) My bindi will shine…
- Ai Meri Zohra Jabeen, (Waqt, 1965) O my bright faced!…
- Badan pe sitare lapete hue (Prince, 1969) With stars wrapped around you…
- Yeh Chaand Sa Roshan Chehra (Kashmir Ki Kali, 1964) This face shining like the moon…
Making a commitment for life
- Jab koi baat bigad jaaye (Jurm, 1990) When something will go wrong…keep me company…
- Aap Ki Nazron Ne Samjha (Anpadh, 1962) In your eyes, I am worthy of love…
- Tum Agar Saath Dene Ka Vada Karo (Hamraaz, 1967) If you promise to keep me company…
- Joh Wada Kiya (Taj Mahal) What you have promised, you will have to…
- Jis Gali Mein Tera Ghar (Kati Patang) May I not take the road, where your home is not…
- Jab Tak Pure Na Ho Phere Saat (Nadiya Ke Paar, 1982) Until the seven rounds have been taken…
- Mera Yaar Dildaar Bada Sona (Jaanwar, 1999)) My beloved friend, so enticing…
Also see Babul
- Bābul ki duāye leti jā (Neel Kamal, 1968) Take your daddy’s blessings…
- Yeh Galiyan Yeh Chaubarafaisal khan atanga chandpur (Prem Rog, 1982) These lanes and squares…you will not come here again…
- Pi Ke Ghar Aaj Pyari Dulhaniya Chali (Mother India, 1957) For her beloved’s home, the lovely bride leaves…
- Babul ka ye ghar behna ek dinka thikana hai (Daata, 1989) This father’s home is just a day’s stay, my sister
- Baabul Jo Tumne Sikhaya…Sajan Ghar Mein Chali Hum Apke Hai Kaun
- kehta hai babul babul
- Kabira (Encore) (Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, 2013)
Arrival of the newlyweds
- Main to bhuul chalii baabul ka des (Saraswatichandra, 1968) I have started to forget my daddy’s country…
- Aaye Ho Meri Zindagi Main (Raja Hindustani,1996)
- Mere Hathon Main Nau Nau Chodiyan (Chandni, 1989) I have nine bangles in each of my hands…
- Baalam Se Milan Hoga (Chaudhvin Ka Chand, 1960) The day has come, you will meet your beloved…
- Ghunghat Nahin Kholungi (Mother India, 1957)
- Ye haseen vaadiyaan, ye khula aasmaan…aagaye hum kahaan, ae mere jaanejaa… (Roja, 1992)
- Ek Bangla Bane Nyaara (President, 1937)Let there be a new house…
- Chalo Dildar Chalo (Pakeezah, 1972)Come, my beloved, come…
- Tere mere sapane, ab yek rang hain (Guide, 1965) Now my dreams and yours, are the same color…
- Ham Jab Honge Saath Saal Ke (Kal Aaj Aur Kal, 1971) When I will be 60, and you 55….
- Hum Tum Yug Yug Se (Milan) For many many eons, both of us…
We perform with a 7 to 8 piece orchestra for Mehndi or Sangeet or a Raas-Garba event.The band performs Bollywood music related to a Sangeet/Mehndi nite. The list of songs and your requests shall also be discussed well in advance. Plus, we can conduct a Qawali and an Antakshari session. This will make the evening very interactive and entertaiing.We shall also entertain the requests that we get from the guests on the day of the evening. For Raas-Garba Nites, the band shall perform 2 Taali and 3 Taali Garba, Dandiya Raas, Heench, Sanedo, Mumbai thi Gaadi and some Bhangra at the end. We can also include some performances by friends and family, if any.Lagna Geet – A DJ or a Live Band performing appropriate music during the wedding ceremony. Songs both gujarati and hindi appropriate for the various rituals (vidhi). A live Sitar or Guitar and Tabla combination for the cocktail hour. Its a good fusion of Eastern and Western music. We specialize in providing MC and DJ services for the wedding reception. LED uplighting, moving heads for the dance floor, plasma screens and GOBOs can also be included as a part of the reception package. Dancers – Bollywood, Bhangra dancers, Indian/Western Classical Dancers, Belly Dancers are available upon request. We make it a point to visit all the venues in advance to get an idea about the stage setting, power requirements and the sound dynamics. We shall provide a complete sound set-up for all the items mentioned above(unless we travel to far areas). Based on your selection from the above mentioned services, we shall forward you an approximate price for the package option that you shall select. However, if you wish to select any individual service, we shall send you the pricing for the same. Again, thank you for considering us to be a part of your celebrations. We look forward to hear from you soon.